Wednesday 7 October 2015

The 10th Anniversary Event 26 November 2015

I've been feeling sad lately. My co-blogger, inspiration and mentor, Jeremy Phillips is going to retire. So this solo blog is getting a little more solo every day.

I really hope that you will be able to join me at the best free farewell event that anyone ever organised.  The Journal of Intellectual Property Law and Practice was launched at an event in Staple Inn some 10 years ago. Jeremy sent me an invitation. I had just started Filemot and this was where I met Shireen Smith with whom I started this blog a little later.

As we all know, the IPkat and other blogs driven by Jeremy have kept the intellectual property community from the youngest patent trainee to the most senior barrister (and maybe even a judge or two) informed about issues, developments and matters relevant to their own work and careers. Almost all of it is freely given. Nowadays we call this the "sharing culture". Jeremy was practising the sharing economy way before it became a buzzword. Any farewell event that was just devoted to toasting Jeremy's retirement would be unbearable. However, this is a serious seminar with illustrious speakers sharing their own knowledge of current developments and issues from copyright to second medical use patents with some trademark stories en route. You are bound to benefit in real terms (as well is in those dreaded CPD points).

If you haven't already booked your place, you should do so now. Sadly it is in London and starts at 9:30, but it will certainly be worth the journey.

Today Jeremy is with another of my co-bloggers Michael Factor in Jerusalem at his PCT TeaParty.

No comments:

Post a Comment